Monday, August 23, 2010

100+lbs down - My 2nd GOAL

WOW, I'm down 100+lbs and still not where I need or want to be..but I'm not where I was so that's a PLUS.. I've hit one of my goals and that was to get below a certain weight and TODAY I hit that Goal.. My 2nd of many.
The First Goal was to have the WLS (Weight Loss Surgery) and I've done that and Now I've hit my 2nd Goal of losing 100+ Lbs to get to a certain weight. I have a LONG way to go yet, but I'll get there. I've been swimming at the YMCA aka "The Y" (they changed their name) each morning. Being on crutches doesn't give me the opportunity to use the treadmill or some of the other machines the gym has to offer but I DO use the pool and I do laps and jog and other aerobic type exercises while in the water. I usually stay about 45 minutes to an hour and try to keep my heart rate up for that long.
I then come home from the pool and go to sleep cuz I'm exhausted.. lol..
I'm not eating more then a few mouthfuls (tablespoon) of food each time I eat. I'm also not drinking my protein shakes the way I should but I do eat protein whenever I eat anything. I drink water mostly but I'm also drinking V8 Juice because its got texture that feels good in my body & mouth. Usually at night I drink about 6oz while taking my pills. I'm excited about being 100lbs lighter and my clothes are definately bigger on me but I know I have so much more to go and I want it gone NOW. I'm afraid to buy anything new yet because I'm afraid if I lose weight then its an outfit that won't fit anymore. I'm still wearing my 5x or 6x shirts and my 4x pants. A friend was nice enough to think of me and gave me some size 26/28 pants that I tried on and OMG they FIT.. I was shocked!!! I felt good even though they made my legs look HUGE but I didn't care, I could get them on and up without a problem and that was exciting. I hadn't worn a size 26/28 pants since I was in my 30's.. so you can imagine how Happy I was. Also I'm able to sit in normal chairs with arms now when I go out to restaurants. As well as the booths. I never could sit in a booth because my stomach was too big and I couldn't fit in the booth so I would always ask for a table and a chair with no arms but not anymore. Even though I have a long way to go yet to meet my goal, I'm able to fit into booths & chairs with arms.. that's Exciting for me. To someone else they make say that's Ridiculous. Well maybe so for YOU but for me that's an accomplishment and I'm proud to be able to do that now.
Also while driving my dad's Buick (Car) I would have to set the seat WAY Back because I couldn't fit behind the wheel unless the car seat was all the way back, Now I don't move the seat at all and I have room between me & the steering wheel, Another MAJOR Accomplishment. Again these are little things that you probably take for granted but for someone like me these are MILESTONES in my road to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment