Sunday, June 27, 2010

Enough is Enough Already!

It started out on Friday, I was going for more blood work and going to get an MRCD which is a fancy type of MRI test. They put me in this machine which I thought I would have a problem with but I didn't. Then they layed this mat type thingy over my stomach area and locked it in place. I was now their prisoner. The tech gave me a black ball to hold onto and I was told to squeeze it IF I had a problem. Well I was doing well for the first 10-15 minutes of the test Until she said to hold my breathe and the machine made this click click click sound. At that time I got shots of HEAT in my stomach where the pad was locked on my stomach. I tried to get the tech's attention but no luck so I squeezed the black ball and it Pinged. She came in the room and I told her about the Shots of HEAT. It wasn't just heat it was as if someone took a HOT poker and was sticking me in the stomach with the heat of the poker. She called the main radiologist and he said if it were his family member, he'd stop the test so the test was stopped. But I felt so sick that it was Back to the ER. Noone still has no idea what's going on with me but I did get some MUCH needed IV's and they help so much to rehydrate me. While I was in the ER, Alot of people came & went but there was this one girl who came in with the dry heaves also only she had pains in her stomach, (I dont' have pain, just the dry heaves and nause). We were near each other so I started talking to her and asked if she happened to have gastric bypass and was shocked to hear her say YES. OMG - 2 of us with the same symptoms, Next question was WHO DID YOUR SURGERY? I thought OMG if its my dr, did he do something wrong to both of us? But that wasn't the case at all, She was from Georgia and had her surgery there 7 months ago. I had my surgery in NJ, 3 months ago. So there were some differences. I left the ER before her so I'm not sure what they thought was wrong with her but I did leave her my email address and phone number in hopes she would call me to let me know what happened with her. So far Nothing and its been 3 days. :-(
After the IV's and potassium pill ( I only got 1/2 pill down) I was released from the ER, more confused then when I got there. Last week at the other hospitals ER, I was told my billirubin was elevated and I could have a stone in my bile duct. This hospitals Dr said he didn't think that was the case and my billirubin wasn't that elevated. Ok So now what???? Unless there's a stone stuck in my bile duct that's moved, I have no idea why this would be happening. Grrrrrr..
I came home on Friday night and slept until Saturday morning at 5am.
I felt pretty good on Saturday but now today(Sunday), I'm not feeling that well again. It seems the ONLY thing I can keep down and actually feels good in my belly is V8 Juice. Which isn't terrible because it has ALOT of vitamins, Protein and nutrients so I guess Its Ok for now. I wish I could eat normally. I try to force myself but then I get the dry heaves. I'm down over 80lbs so far in 3 short months which makes me want to get up & dance a Jig but right now I think I'll sit & try to get my stomach settled. So That's it for now. I'm calling the GB Dr & My Family Dr on Monday. Hope things get fixed soon, I'm so sick of feeling sick, its been 2 weeks now. Enough is Enough!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment